Monday, March 12, 2012

Exercise

I had my first day back at the gym yesterday after more than 12months off and boy am I sore!!! I can't believe how much my fitness level has gone down. I thought I'll start with a step class and finish off by doing the pump class afterwards!! It was quite clear within the first 5 minutes of the step class that it was a tad ambitious to try and do 2 classes, I was so exhausted. My step started off with 2 blocks under each side and finished with none. But there was one upside of starting back at the gym, the daycare ladies said Jaz can come back anytime.....hope that lasts :-). When we got home I decided I better do those dreaded sit-ups which Jaz thought was hilarious, either I looked completely stupid or she thought I was playing a game, I'm thinking "completely stupid". I have also started playing netball 2 mornings a week which is great, Jaz gets to play with the other kiddies while mum tries to run around. Running! well I've attempted a couple which were not so good, I think the first run I managed 1km and the second one I ran a bit over 2km. So it seems I have a lot of work to do to get back in the swing of things, but it's a start and it's also nice to have a little bit of normality back into my life!!
Hanging with Alby
clearly I'm a fan of Bonds ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment