Saturday, August 14, 2010

Austria, Venice, Rome, Florence, Monaco...

AUSTRIA
short stay here, we had been rafting in a freezing cold river that we had to jump in to, O MY Goodness I have never been in such cold water but it was totally worth it rafting is so much fun!!!


VENICE
loved this place definitely want to come back to visit, although I got kissed by an Italian and he was not a good looking one, he was old. I thought he was going for the graceful peck on the check, boy was I wrong straight on the lips.....some of the other girls also got tricked...never trust an Italian, over all though they are lovely people.




Craig and I with our new found friends Dave and Michelle, an awesome couple we met from Melbourne


more Contiki Crew


had a little to much here...and broke my rose
ROME
What a place.... the history and sites to see are like no other, our convict ruins are so brand new....Rome was quiet a dirty place but like I said the sites were amazing and lets not forget the food YUMMO
The Colosseum

hhhmmmm just a little excited here to have a drink on the street.....maybe not something to be proud of but we all were a but chuffed with the freedom in Europe

The Vatican wow what a church and the art work (here is that word again) 'AMAZING', one part of the Vatican which is probably the only part I took in, there is a room that no photo's are to be taken and you must be quiet (maybe this is why I remember this part....). Michelangelo painted the entire ceiling and walls of the life of Jesus Christ, it took him 4 years and apparently when he completed the art work he could only read or view something by looking up.... Also Craig and I had some embarrassing moments by being the matching couple you will see why below, this was noted within the Contiki Crew.....EMBARRASSING
The Conitki Crew on a messy night in Rome, what fun we had

FLORENCE
My husband spoilt me rotten here and purchased me a gorgeous leather jacket that I didn't want or even ask for....but the the Contiki crew said it looked great as did the hubby, very stoked with this purchase.



view of Florence

Leonardo

Michelangelo - apparently Michelangelo was quiet the shit and not very liked...

The Leaning Tower of Pisa
Monaco
this place is insane and I thought Sovereign Island was sickening with wealth, this place is like no other. Very beautiful and lots and lots of rich people Craig and I were on the look out for a sugar daddy or sugar mama which ever came along first.....hehe. We had a lovely evening out in Monaco and a short visit to the Monte Carlo, the car park was like a car show AMAZING!!!!!
The Palace

Monte Carlo
the city of LOVE....PARIS - watch this space...
Me and Mona
ALSO COMING SOON will be a page on my signature pose, I have mastered it since the chin accident....

3 comments:

  1. loved it all what amazing history ,I am sure Greece is going to be faboulous to keep safe and enjoy the last few days of your journey xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, this post is awesome, i loved it, love seeing and hearing about your journey and all the photos! I think you and craig look cute in your matching "blue" hehe.....!!
    Have fun on your last-days and cant wait to read and see more.
    Love you
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, the photos are fantastic and I'm just so jealous. I agree Paris is wonderful, such a romantic city. I knew you would love Europe, so much history and culture!! Love your jacket and can't wait to see your rings. Take care and enjoy the rest of your trip. See you soon. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete